How National Brands Can Advertise to Individuals at the Local Level
- The multiple layers of context now available to national local advertisers
- what national brands can accomplish at the local level
- strategies for choosing partners that can help national advertisers accomplish their goals
This paper discusses how national brands can reach more consumers at the local level. The key success factors in local advertising include gathering multiple layers of context on consumers' immediate intent and foreseeable desires and then being prepared to capitalize on those opportunities. The breadth of this information can provide both immediate and long-term opportunities to promote brands in ways that traditional advertising cannot.
The topics presented include:
Why Metrics Matter
The Media Strategist Inc.
- Common terms related to web traffic metrics
- Comparisons of approaches to digital media measurement
- Emerging measurement approaches, such as hybrid or unified digital measurement
As the complexity of the online landscape grows, the variety of digital measurement options available to marketers and publishers also increases. But how do advertisers and brands select the option that's best for them? What are the different online measurement methodologies? Who are the key players in the space? This free white paper helps to answer these questions by providing a comprehensive analysis of the many digital measurement sources and services within the digital ecosystem.
Insights within the report include:
How Consumers Are Using Local Search: Results from a National Survey
Dr. Phil Hendrix, immr
- 4 in 10 indidivuals use local search every day
- Consumers that own multiple devices make exponentially more local searches
- "Avid Local Searchers" perform half of all local searches
- Individual perception of "Local" is elastic based on where a person lives and what they search for
Local search is changing in ways that are important for consumers, businesses and the search industry. YP and Street Fight teamed up with research firm immr to conduct a national survey examining how individuals search, where they search, and what they search for.
Valuable findings include:
Digital Local Advertising Helps Advertisers and Publishers Grow Faster, Be More Competitive
Karsten Weide, IDC
- How advertisers and publishers benefit from digital local advertising
- The role of local ad networks in the ecosystem
- The different types of local ad networks
- Analysis of key players in local digital advertising
- The future outlook of digital local advertising
There is a tremendous business opportunity for advertisers and publishers looking to utilize digital local advertising. YP sponsored research firm IDC to explain the current state of digital local advertising and to provide an in-depth look at the role of local advertising networks, including the YP℠ Local Ad Network.
Read this white paper to learn about digital local advertising, including:
The Promise of Hyperlocal: Opportunities for Publishers and Developers
Dr. Phil Hendrix, GigaOM Pro
- Factors fueling the growth of location-based mobile advertising
- Results publishers are achieving
- Analysis of local ad networks
- Ideas for making location an integral part of mobile websites and apps
Hyperlocal advertising represents an important new monetization opportunity for mobile publishers and app developers. When executed properly, it has the potential to deliver more relevant ads and generate higher levels of audience engagement. This free GigaOM Pro report, underwritten by YP, formerly AT&T Interactive, examines hyperlocal advertising opportunities for publishers and developers.
Valuable insights include:
Local Ad Networks - Making Sense of Local Online Advertising
Andrew Shotland and Chad Schott
- Advertising challenges facing small businesses
- Analysis of key players in local advertising
- Recommendations for selecting a Local Ad Network
- The future of local advertising
Local Advertising is predicted to grow to $150 billion by 2015, according to BIA/Kelsey. In an ongoing effort to provide insights and clarity on the local advertising ecosystem, YP commissioned BIA/Kelsey to provide an overview of Local Ad Networks. The free downloadable report analyzes the role of Local Ad Networks in enabling effective local advertising for small businesses.
Valuable breakthrough findings include:
Nielsen Local Mobile Search Study, Part 1: The Searchers
How consumers make mobile purchase decisions and interact with advertising
- How likely are mobile local searchers to allow apps to determine their location?
- Where most mobile local searches occur?
- What is the shape of the local purchase funnel, from search, to walk-in purchase?
YP recently commissioned Nielsen to conduct in-depth research into what drives local mobile searchers to purchase, allow location detection, and more. This report provides insights into the role of mobile devices in search, decision making, and advertising. Also examined are the implications for advertisers, marketers, and publishers within the location-based services ecosystem.
Gain valuable insights on mobile consumer behavior, including:
Nielsen Local Mobile Search Study, Part 2: The Advertisers
What advertisers need to know about how Local Mobile Searchers interact with advertising
- The types of information that local mobile searchers are looking for
- The strategies advertisers should use to reach local mobile searchers
- How ad placement and relevancy impact customer emails, calls and visits to local businesses
- The distinct behavior of searchers who use YPmobile® products
YP commissioned Nielsen to conduct a custom study to understand how mobile devices have changed the way consumers search. The study also examined how local mobile consumer behavior impacts the advertisers trying to reach them.
In this second installment of a three part series, the author focuses on issues related to advertisers, explaining what they need to know about how consumers are using their mobile devices to search for their businesses.
Gain valuable insights on how to reach local mobile searchers, including:
Nielsen Local Mobile Search Study, Part 3: The Publishers
What publishers need to know about how Local Mobile Searchers interact with advertising
- 41% of Searchers who used YP properties, such as YPmobile® products, clicked on an ad based on its relevance to their particular needs
- Half of all Searchers are likely to reveal location
- Publishers that serve local ads from the YP℠ Local Ad Network have increased eCPMs by 15% to 44%
YP commissioned Nielsen to conduct a custom study to understand how mobile devices have changed the way consumers search and shop. Part 1 of the study provided insights into what drives local mobile searchers to purchase, allow location detection, and more. Part 2 of study focused on issues related to advertisers, explaining what they need to know about how consumers are using their mobile devices to search for their businesses.
In this third and final installment of the series, we examine ways publishers can extract new value from the mobile landscape and the evolving habits of local mobile searchers.
Key findings for publishers include:
Digital Deals: The Birth of a New Global-Local Market
Greg Sterling, Senior Analyst & Program Director, Internet2Go, (an Opus Research advisory service)
- Number of US consumers actively subscribing to daily deal programs
- Deal redemption rates and best practices for local businesses
- Average deal price and ROI measurements for advertisers
- Upcoming trends, market players and emerging channels
YP, continuing its effort to advance key insights on the local advertising ecosystem, commissioned Opus Research to author this paper, which provides current analysis on digital deals, one of the industry's hottest media trends.
Valuable breakthrough findings include:
The Promise of Mobile Advertising
Chetan Sharma, Chetan Sharma Consulting
As new media channels diversify to meet the evolving demands of both consumer and advertiser, no other communications platform hold more promise than mobile. With its unique opportunity to combine content, context and location, the mobile platform supports national brand advertising while providing significant impact to local advertisers looking to leverage immediacy, location and personal connectivity to engage with potential customers.